COHHO advocates for housing and services for all people in the District of Columbia. Here are some of our stories of triumph.
- Adoption of Interim Disability Assistance program in the District of Columbia. This provides a minimal monthly stipend to persons who are awaiting approval of federal disability claims.
- Addition of $130 million in District Budget for affordable housing and safety-net programs in Fiscal Year 2013 and 2014; restoration of almost $125 million in Fiscal Years 2011 and 2012.
- Support for District’s Interagency Council on Homelessness, including: support for initial meetings; support for public hearings; recommendations for topics of Pre-Meeting Roundtables; hosting Public Forums.
- Encouraging Department of Human Services to use data-driven analysis to develop Extreme Weather Plans.
- Distribution of about 1,000 Voter Registration forms and educating the community on voter registration and voter rights.
- Bringing service organizations and homeless persons to the table as equals on a regular basis.